Doblete Rapilon is the legacy of the Mena Family from Ilo-Ilo in the Visayas. Over the years, this prestigious system of Arnis Kali Eskrima has proven to be extremely efficient and remains one of the most unique style in the Philippines.
In 1951, GM Mena opened the first Arnis School in the Philippines in Tondo-Manila and since then, many have trained under him, including some of today's senior experts in other FMA systems. Doblete Rapilon is part of the "Old School" type of FMA, fully combat oriented. It has many connections with the main classic systems of FMA but is also a unic system of its own.
ADRI - Arnis Doblete Rapilon International
ADRI (Doblete Rapilon International) was initiated in 2003 by a group of Senior Instructors and students of Grand Master Mena to preserve and protect his unique Legacy. Filipino Martial Arts are an expression of the soul and the spirit of Filipino Culture. This energy goes beyond the fighting techniques and reach far after our borders.
As GM Mena did not set any organization to represent his System, many of us are scattered around the globe. Any genuine student of GM Mena is welcome to contact us to add his contribution to this organization and this website. We will be glad to add your contact address or link. (Proof of Diploma from Master Mena is required of course).
Contact Master Dani FAYNOT, Manila Philippines
The Goal of ADRI is to preserve the techniques and the spirit of our Doblete Rapilon and to develop the practice of our system in the world:
To bring together
* Regroup the direct students of GM Mena under one open organization
* Authenticate and recognize genuine experts of Doblete Rapilon in the world
* Propose a unique ranking system, approved by GM Mena himself
* Recognize ranks in Doblete Rapilon after proposition of certified teachers
Conserve the Legacy
* Conserve the Curriculum of Doblete Rapilon
* Make sure that instructors in Doblete Rapilon are keeping the spirit of the system and its original orientation.
Promote Doblete Rapilon in the World
* Organize and sponsor seminars
* Organize and sponsor tournament events
* Organize and sponsor exhibitions
* Share information about our system thru our website
* Sponsor articles and Books about our system
Propose teaching tools - help instructors around the world
* Propose teaching programs organized by level
* Develop teaching tools and documents
ADRI Promotes & Sponsors the following events:
* PIGSSA weekly Sunday's exhibitions in Luneta Park, Manila PHILIPPINES
* Doblete Rapilon's Seminars around the world
* Doblete Rapilon Open Tournament - GM Jose Mena Trophy, Toulouse FRANCE
ADRI Supports the efforts of our Instructors by:
* Providing teaching tools and information : See Instructor Only website
* Answering questions you may have: See Instructor Only website
* Working to gain international recognition from other organizations
* Helping you to gain official recognition and legitimacy in your country